Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Wasteful Worry

Mother Teresa once said, "If we worry too much about ourselves we won’t have time for others". I couldn’t agree more. I know from personal experience what a waste of time it is to worry about ourselves. 

We worry about our looks. We worry about our money. We worry about our jobs. We worry about our weight. We worry about our health. We worry about what other people will think about us. We even worry about what we are going to wear the next day. In the end it accomplishes nothing except to make us more miserable, stressed, and worried. 

 
I used to worry a great deal about myself. It is something I have to guard against even today. When I do start to worry, however, I have found an easy way to stop again. All I have to do is to remind myself how much God loves us and wants us to be happy. When I do that I also remember how easy it is to choose love, joy, peace, happiness, and oneness with God in our lives. It is so simple to choose these things. All you do is relax, smile, and invite them into your heart. After that you have no need to worry because you already have everything you need. Once you have everything you need it is easy to think about and give your time and energy to others. In fact, it is all you want to do. Having happiness means sharing happiness. 

Don’t waste your time on worry then. The only gifts worry ever gives are headaches, ulcers, fear, and unhappiness. Wouldn’t you prefer the gifts of love, joy, peace, and happiness that God offers you instead?
Enjoy these gifts of God. Welcome them into your heart. Make them the focus of your life. Share them with the world. Then you will have plenty of time to do the important things in life like loving and helping others. Life is too precious to throw a single second away on worry. 


~ Joe Mazzella ~



No comments:

Post a Comment