Friday, July 23, 2010

Guru Poornima (July 25)

Be simple and sincere. It is sheer waste of money to burden the pictures and idols in the shrines and altars of your homes with a weight of garlands, and to parade costly utensils and vessels and offerings, to show off your devotion. This is deception; it demeans Divinity, imputing to it the desire for pomp and publicity. I ask only for purity of heart, to shower Grace.
Do not posit distance between you and Me; do not interpose the formalities of the Guru-sishya (Preceptordisciple) relationship, or even the altitudinal distinctions of the God-Devotee relationship, between you and Me.

I am neither Guru nor God; I am You; You are I; that is the Truth. There is
no distinction. That which appears so is the delusion. You are waves; I am the Ocean. Know this and be free, be Divine.


~ Baba ~
Guru Poornima Festival
Prashaanthi Nilayam
19-7-1970

No comments:

Post a Comment