Thursday, January 2, 2014

My "Joy" Story

 

On a late Friday night as I was listening to a discourse on Radio Sai, I had this sudden intense yearning to be connected with Swami which I had not felt in a year or so. At that moment, nothing else mattered except for his pure love. 

On Sunday evening, Swami, in his own way, gave us an opportunity to distribute blankets to the homeless to beat the chilling winters. Again, I had not taken up any service activity in almost a year. The seva got over really late and I had my dinner only after that. I have a strong feeling that Swami answered my prayer to be connected with Him by giving me an opportunity to connect with the most needy and share His love with them. 

The seva was a very enriching experience and also an eye-opener for many of us about the harsh realities of life. The most important lesson for me was that it is always God first (the intense yearning and praying for love), others next (that prayer for love got translated into a joyful seva activity), and yourself last (dinner, at last).


~ Bharani Prasad M.S. ~
India 
(Story from Radio Sai)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment