Monday, May 25, 2015

Baba's Storytime - Maya



Once God called Maya and said to her, "Maya!  I am getting a bad name due to you; all call Me Mayopadhi (one with no vesture of Maya).  This has affected My reputation.  Therefore, go away immediately.  Hereafter, I do not want any association with you.  Leave Me and get lost."

Folding her hands in supplication, Maya replied with great humility, "Oh God!  I will surely obey Your command.  But if You tell me the place where You are not present, I will go to that place."  Smilingly, God said, "There is no place where I am not present.  You and I are inseparable.  I put this question to you only to get this reply from you."

What is meant by Maya?  Body attachment is Maya.  This is the root cause of ignorance.  But how to overcome Maya?  It can be achieved only by the grace of God.  Divinity is within you only.  To make it the subject of your experience is the main objective of your life.  Only this can bestow eternal bliss on you.  This body is impermanent.  Do not develop undue attachment to it.  Perform spiritual practices with total faith in the veracity of this truth.


(Quoted from the Divine Discourses of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba)

No comments:

Post a Comment