Friday, May 15, 2015

The Presence



Looking back over my life,
Having attained my three score years and ten,
(And a few more, to be quite honest),
I recognize the Thread which has run through it;
The Presence which, from time to time
Has manifested itself,
In times of stress or distress,
And sometimes for no apparent reason whatsoever.

That Presence which I now realize
Was and is always there,
Waiting, with patient Love,
For me to have the elementary common sense
To shed off my ego - carapace
And open up to it.

Help me Lord to forgive myself 
(For I know that You forgive me)
For all those wasted hours
When I have allowed myself to lose awareness of You
And Your love and Your guidance and Your protection.
Your Presence.

I solemnly undertake, dearest Baba - Guru - Avatar,
(Having now passed my three score years and ten),
To be more constant, before it is too late
For this time round.

~ John Spencer ~

No comments:

Post a Comment