Monday, January 27, 2020

Your Lotus Feet



When my hopes were caught in flames,
And dreams drenched in sorrowful rains,
Pouring down from the merciless sky,
I fell at Your holy feet to profusely cry.

Since at Your Lotus Feet, all wars are won,
And change in the course of destiny is done,
Even the negativity of Nine Planets is nullified,
And every pining soul gets sanctified.

Don't know what great merit I have committed,
For the mighty obstacles unto me You have omitted?
Swami, as I move close to Your Lotus Feet,
My heart turns into a lump of sweet.

How come!  Those tiny monkeys have vanquished,
Those giant demons which have once greatly flourished,
Since, at the feet of Lord Rama, they had Divine valour,
This is the sublime essence of any holy endeavour.

Those cowherds had no wisdom for liberation,
 But they pined for Him in bitter separation,
From Lord Krishna's holy feet,
In the end, all of them attained salvation indeed.

And as long as I live, I pray,
That I should not be away,
From the holy feet of Sai Baba,
Our Krishna, our Rama.

Beloved Swami, I have a wish in mind,
Unto Your mission let me bind,
And when my little hearts stops to beat,
Let me merge into Your Lotus Feet.

~ Raja Sekhar Ganta ~
(From his book "108 Heart Beats")

No comments:

Post a Comment