Thursday, March 4, 2021

Baba's Visit to Africa

 

After returning from Africa, Baba gave a talk at Bombay.

 Baba prefaced His talk with a mild reproof.  "Why make such fuss about My going to Africa and returning to Bombay?  He asked.  "I am in all places.  All places are mine."  "Prapanchame na illu".  I translated the Telugu sentence thus, "The world is my mansion" and waited for the wave of appreciation that I deserved for choosing "mansion" to denote "Illu", a common place, a proletarian word, meaning, at best, "house".  

But what I received was a loud "No" and that from Baba Himself!  He had closed the ear of the mike with a grasp and turned squarely at me.  He shook a finger at me, cautioning me against the blunder.  He repeated "No" twice and SAI RAM!  Took a few paces towards me.  I feared that I had erred beyond redemption.  What exactly did I say!  Didn't I hear alright!  I must have spurted out some sacrilegious English!  I was on the verge of tears.  I shivered from head to foot.  The Finger!  That Form!  The No, No, No!  I moved a few past paces towards Him, in order to accept whatever He was coming to give me.

We met on the dais in front of Munshi (Sri K.M. Munshi).  Baba had His finger raised.  He shook it at me and said, "No!  Not the world.  The universe is My Mansion".  I had the Darsan of Him, whose "Illu" is the "Universe"!  I heard the word, the Lord Himself proclaiming His Viswarupa!


(As narrated by Prof. N. Kasturi in "Loving God")


No comments:

Post a Comment