Thursday, June 9, 2022

Bhagawan's Humorous Way

 


Bhagawan Baba is a unique incarnation of the supreme power whose purpose in taking human form is to make mankind realise the self within which is the Eternal Reality.

Even while explaining the reason for His taking the form of an ordinary human, Bhagawan punctuates it with a touch of humour in His own inimitable style.

He says, "If I had come in the form of Vishnu with the full equipment such as Conch, Gatha, Discus and with four hands, people would have kept me in a cell as an exhibit of an unusual creature in an amusement park and collected money from the curious spectators who wanted to see me.  It is only when I am like other human beings, I can interact with people and convey my message effectively and transform the people, for which I have come down."

Baba often uses stories of events taking place in daily life in order to drive home His teachings to elevate mankind from animality to divinity.  

Baba emphasises the importance of adhering to Truth (Sathya) and Righteousness (Dharma), as the basis for all thoughts, words and deeds, so that man can become to be recognised as a human being.


~ K.S.S. Raghavan ~

(From the book "Sai Humour")


No comments:

Post a Comment