Saturday, September 17, 2022

And Then My Face Turned Red

 

I just cannot help including one tiny occasion where I found my face turning red. It happened in 2009 when I thought that Swami was upset with me over something. I did not know what had upset Him because I had been my ‘best-behaved’ self in His presence. So, when Swami, on the chair, was passing by me, I took courage to rise on my knees and say,

“Swami, please forgive me.”

“For what?”, Swami asked. I had no idea what my mistake was. I actually was feeling a bit wronged. So I said,

“Swami, forgive me my mistake.”

His answer turned me red in the face.

“That is what I am asking, which mistake. There are so many mistakes that you are making, which one do you want me to forgive?”

In a flash I realized that I was speaking to my God here! Not only do the thoughts, words and deeds in His ‘physical presence’ count but every thought, word and deed counts. It hit me. I turned red. 

Thankfully, Swami smiled at me. That gave me courage and I said,

“Please forgive that mistake which has made you upset with me now!”

He smiled and moved on. Things changed for the better after that. 


(Source: http://aravindb1982.hubpages.com/hub/God-has-a-sense-of-humor-Incidents-with-Sri-Sathya-Sai. Published in saibabaofindia.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment