Sunday, October 20, 2024



What are the unique vows that the Lord has taken in this Sri Sathya Sai Avatar? As we observe the Avatar Declaration Day, Swami reminds us and fills us with love and confidence.


"All divine personalities make their advent for some definite purposes. They will not deviate from them in any circumstance. Swami's Prematatva (essential nature of Love) is of the same character. Swami's love has no trace of self-interest in it. It is absolutely pure. Swami knows only how to give, not how to receive. Swami's hand is held above for conferring something, not stretched for seeking anything. 

Moreover, once Swami has declared, "You are Mine", whatever wrong ways they may pursue, Swami will not abandon them. When I have given a word to anyone, even if they turn against Me I will not bear any ill-will towards them. Even if they revile Me, I shall continue to love them. I will stand up to My pledge right up to the end. Some day they will return to the right path. 

Owing to the compulsion of circumstances some changes may take place. They are not permanent. I will not change My course because of such happenings. This is My second resolve. 

The third resolve is: When I undertake anything because I feel it is for the welfare of all and that it is good for society as a whole, I will not give it up, come what may. Even if the whole world is against Me, I will not turn back, I will only go forward."


- Sri Sathya Sai Baba -

(Divine Discourse - 13.7.1984)


I have not come to guard your jewels and your ‘valuables’. I have come to guard your virtue and holiness and guide you to the Goal. - BABA



No comments:

Post a Comment