"Bhagawan Baba always exhorts that the secret of longevity, happiness, health and bliss is only this - to allow things to be as they happen, not to interfere with the circumstances of life.
"Oh God, I humbly submit myself to You!" This is what is meant in Christians' prayer, "Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven." "Oh God, let things happen according to Your plan. I surrender unto You, I submit myself to you because you know best. You are the best judge. You know what is good for me. You know better than what I know." This is called "Surrender".
There are examples of those who lived with Baba, lived for 100 years. One of them was Professor Kasturi who always had an attitude of humility and surrender. When Bhagawan asked him to go for a health check up, Kasturi answered, "Swami, I am fine. Why should I go for a health check up?" Still, Bhagawan insisted. Kasturi went to the hospital and Bhagawan went to see him, giving Kasturi instructions for the rest of the things to follow.
Meanwhile, Bhagawan was also giving instructions to the caretaker of the mandir, Kutumba Rao to arrange for the cremation of a dead body. As Kutumba Rao was making arrangements for the procession, the news came that Professor Kasturi had expired.
The same can be said of Kamavadhani who also lived for 100 years. Kamavadhani used to go to Baba twice a day. On a particular day when he went to Bhagawan to have padanamaskar, Bhagawan gave His blessings and said, "Have your lunch. Better that you don't come in the afternoon." Accordingly, Kamavadhani went and had a sumptuous lunch and slept and while sleeping, he passed away."
*********
(From the book "Sai-chology" by Prof. K. Anil Kumar)

No comments:
Post a Comment