Thursday, March 10, 2011

Little by Little

I resolve to do it all little by little.

I'm referring to walking my spiritual path.

No, don't get me wrong, I'm not being lazy or procrastinating.

I hereby resolve to, everyday:


1. Meditate a little (fifteen minutes to an hour)

2. Chant a little (Morning Puja and Evening Puja on the bus to and from work)

3. Reflect a little (realise one important thing a day, like this realisation!)

4. Help a little (make sure my day brings joy to at least one person)

5. Study a little (studying Dharma books before I go to bed and in my spare time)


Yes, little by little, here and there, I will work towards Enlightenment.

I will saturate my everyday life with Dharma and be ever mindful.

Steady, steady! Don't ever get burnt out spiritually!

There is nothing as terrible as that!

The rabbit didn't win the race.

The tortoise was slow but steady, and he persevered humbly, realistically.


(From: The Daily Enlightenment)


No comments:

Post a Comment