Monday, April 25, 2011

Dearest Swami

Dearest Swami,

I woke up this morning, Easter Sunday, to a clear blue sky and a cool breeze. Little did I know that this would be the day you had chosen to leave your earthly body. The news I dreaded to hear came in the early afternoon. I had “lost” my Heavenly Mother and I wept like a little child would have wept on losing her beloved mother.

Dear Lord, couldn’t You have stayed with us a little longer? Why did You have to leave so soon and so suddenly?

I still remember the first time I heard about You and my first trip to India to see You. I learnt to sing Your bhajans, I learnt to recite Your mantras and I came repeatedly to have Your darshan. The picture of Your graceful form floating amidst us, Your orange robe aflame in the evening sun, is still etched in my memory till today. I could go on and on about the wonderful memories I have of You, dear Lord, but no, You would have other more important things to do now.

Dearest Swami, thank You for all the things you have taught me. Thank you for Your miracles, Your love and compassion. Above all, thank You for the opportunity to be born during this lifetime when You, the Avatar of the Kali Yuga, walked this earth. That is the greatest gift You have given me.

I shall miss You dearly but I have to keep reminding myself that You reside in my heart, so I shall try not to feel sad. You are here with me, always have been and always will be.


~ Divine Blossoms ~


No comments:

Post a Comment