Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thus Spoke Lord Buddha


"While Lord Buddha was proceeding, many people gathered and started making fun of him. Lord Buddha was a handsome personality, tall and robust, with a shaven head, wearing the ochre robe and walking along barefooted in the jungle. He looked like a madcap to all the youngsters. So they started making fun of him. Buddha continued smiling. He didn't react.

After some time, he said, "My friends, better you stop now. Why? My followers are coming now to receive me. When they see you talking like this, they may manhandle you. You may be hurt, and you may suffer. So please stop. But I enjoyed your scolding me. Yes, I enjoyed your enjoyment. Your enjoyment gave me joy. Yes. My devotees are going to have enjoyment by praising me now. Let me enjoy their enjoyment. Your joy is my joy." Thus spoke Lord Buddha.

Baba says those who praise him come to the height of a mountain, those who criticize him come to the size of another mountain, and there is a centre in between blessing you both. That is how the one above ego can act."


(From the book "Divine Reflections" by Prof. K. Anil Kumar)

No comments:

Post a Comment