Friday, November 2, 2012

The Ultimate Goal




Through countless incarnations, I have sought your magnificence,
Searched far and wide, long and hard, but to no avail.
Some travel to the ends of the earth, seeking your human form
But you have hidden amongst the shadows of doubt,
constantly disguising yourself.
I have been blind to your presence, no more can this be so
My eyes now fully opened,
see clearly what heart and soul have yearned for.
No longer are you there, and I elsewhere.

I know you well, and recognise your form.
The light of conscious thought penetrates my being,
Bliss creeps up and over me, like a warm afternoon.
I have waited for this moment since time began!
The Father knows the Son must leave, in order to return.
The Sun returns to the Father, in order to find himself.
Eventually, all will realise the ultimate goal lies within, not beyond.


~ Gary Murphy ~
(From: Sai Reflections, Aug. 1999)

No comments:

Post a Comment