Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Will Take a Hundred Steps Towards You ...



(A fond recollection of an unforgettable experience)

I had not been able to visit Trayee Brindavan to have Swami's darshan during His visit here in January, though my office was just opposite the road.  One evening, I was at the bus stand near the ashram gate, waiting for a bus to take me back home.  I would lie if I wasn't disappointed with myself.  I tried to reason with myself fending excuses that my work and its schedule came in the way of walking across the road and having His darshan.  

I was woken out of this miserable reverie by the sharp beep of a car horn.  I turned back to see a big car gliding out of the rear gate of Trayee Brindavan and slowly move past by me.  Inquisitively I peered at the back seat to find out who the fortunate passenger was.

IT WAS SWAMI!  The car left me there and moved up the road and a strange feeling of thrill and gratitude filled my being.  I could only quote the poet: "The king came down to see the beggar maid ...".


~ Sathya ~
(From: Spiritual Impressions - May-June 2001)

No comments:

Post a Comment