Monday, January 21, 2013

One Divine Moment of Love


I was too small to know what was happening to me.  I came to know that I had just made my latest entry into Earth a few days back and my parents had taken me to Swami.

Years later, I came to know that Swami was the most important member of our family and the most important person in my life.  Actually He owned the Earth.

Years later, I also came to know that Swami had lovingly held me in His hands that day as if I was a little doll.  Even today I am Swami's little doll. He talked to my father and mother for a long time while some of my uncles (my father's friends) sat around.  Then one of my uncles, who had kept His camera outside for the monkeys to play with, brought it inside and Swami held me up proudly as if I was His child.  I am His child - His sole Creation.  Uncle took a snap shot and captured the moment for eternity.

When I look at the photograph so many years later, I wonder at so many things.  Was that little confused bundle in Swami's hands really me?  Did I know then what was happening?  If I really did, why do I not remember them now?  Oh, how my grown up body aches to be held in Swami's Hands once again like that! How I wish I could always remain as a child to Swami.

I think good things should happen once in a while.  The One who holds the whole world in His hands had held me.  I was His world that day.  That sweet moment can be there only once, not more.  Or else, it loses its value.  Today I live in the sweet memory of that one divine moment when the love of God and the love of a mother had become one.

I love You, Swami.  I am grateful to You.

(Author not named)

(From: Spiritual Impressions - Mar-June 2001)

No comments:

Post a Comment