Friday, June 14, 2013

The Extra Burden


The story is told of one of the great men of the 19th century, Swami Dayananda Saraswati, a monk who was a devout follower of the Indian culture, and who established the new Hindu religious sect called Arya-Samaj.  

During the initial days of his spiritual practice, he used to wear only the same loincloth on his body.  Once a man approached him and said, "Swamiji, since you have only one loincloth, I have brought you another."

The yogi replied, "Well, friend, even this one loincloth is a burden to me.  Why do you load me with an extra burden?  I thank you for your regard, but I cannot accept another loincloth.  Please take it back."

Moral of the story: If you are not contented with what you already have, you will definitely not be contented with what you would like to have.



A man's true wealth is the good he does in this world.

~ Prophet Mohamed ~

No comments:

Post a Comment