Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Joy Story



The Lord has been giving me so many opportunities for Seva in day-to-day life. Picking one is difficult because I try to forget these activities afterwards. Whenever I am on my way to somewhere, I am always very attentive, keenly waiting for any opportunity that might come on my way: An old man who looks lost - looking for something, an old lady who is about to lift lots of luggage, or gets down from a bus in hesitating steps, etc. Whether it is rushing to request the bus driver to wait for an old man, holding a bag for an old lady and helping her to cross the road while holding her other hand, etc. It doesn't matter if in the process of doing this seva my bus has come, or my luggage is left behind.

My focus is on the spontaneous immediate response with all the heart and soul, and He takes care of the rest. Some of the sweetest opportunities I have been receiving recently have been walking down the street with constant loving smile on the face, or greeting with a gesture an old lady that sits on a wheelchair with her caretaker by her side. In addition, there are many opportunities for serving my tiny brothers and sisters - insects, snails, hedgehog, birds, etc. which also bring so much joy into the heart.

One more thing: I have been motivated for a small mission, of passing on lots of love and blessings to Muslim sisters, whenever I come across them, in order to spread love and peace. Such sisters and brothers come to my town from at least three villages, so it is a great opportunity. Also when brothers come to bring grocery delivery or do work in the garden so wholeheartedly - these are great opportunities to pay respect to them and share with them some fruits from the garden (after offering them to Him) as His blessing (prasadam).


~ Hodaya ~
(Israel)
(Story from Radio Sai)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment