Saturday, April 19, 2014

Beautiful Rain



It is a dark, cloudy Spring day as I write this. The sky is gray, the wind is cold, and the rain has been falling steadily since last night. Still, my spirits aren’t dampened by the damp weather. As I went out and felt the cool raindrops on my face earlier I couldn’t help but smile. The birds were singing their praises to God in spite of the wet weather, so I felt no reason why I should frown because of it. The air, in fact, was so fresh and pure that I stood there for several minutes breathing it in deeply. It brought back wonderful memories of my childhood. 

Even as a child I knew how wonderful the grass, trees, and asphalt smelled after a good cleansing rain. Looking around me I could see the trees beginning to bud once again. I could see my tulips raising their heads up through the ground, preparing to bless us with their beauty for another year. I could see the birds beginning to build nests for their new families to come. All around me was life, beauty, and glory. Whoever said rainy days are sad should have been with me to experience this one. 

As I went back in to dry off I couldn’t help but see that even these so called "sad, rainy" days have a lot of good in them. Life is like that too. We get a lot of rain on us in this life, but if we open our eyes and hearts we can see that there is good in it as well. 
Having two handicapped sons has been difficult for me at times, but my two boys have brought endless joy and love into my life as well. Losing my mother to Cancer so early in my life was very painful, but it helped me to grow in love and to see that life and love never end. They just change. 

When life rains on you then don’t hide your head. Turn your face up to the sky instead. You may get wet, but at least your eyes will be open to see the beauty and goodness that God gives us in bad weather as well as fair.
-------------------------
A note from Joe: Sometimes life's blessings can come to us hidden in its saddest, most difficult times. I hope you enjoy it. 


~ Joe Mazzella ~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment