Saturday, April 26, 2014

Blessed Lives

 
 
A lot of people who have read my articles have asked me how I can write with such joy and happiness all the time. One of them even asked me if I had led a charmed life to be so happy. The truth of the matter is that I have and I haven’t.

It is true that I have been blessed by God with a loving family, good health, wonderful friends, and countless everyday joys. I have also known heartache, however. I have lost my mother who meant the world to me to Cancer. I have had to struggle financially for most of my life. I have had difficulties raising my two handicapped sons. I have been slammed with problems and troubles from the outside world. I have known anger, frustration, bitterness, fear, and depression.

Through it all, though, I have tried to keep one thing in mind. Life may give us a lot of pain, suffering, problems, and frustrations, but it also gives us a lot of joy, love, peace, and happiness. What we choose to focus on and what we choose to build our life around is up to us fortunately.

Why not choose joy then? That is what I have tried to do. I haven’t had a perfect life by any means, but I have had a blessed one.

You see all of our lives are blessed. God has blessed each and everyone of them. They may have problems and troubles, but we are given the power to overcome them. They may have pains and sufferings, but we are given the power to grow and learn from them. They may be full of anger and fear, but we are given the power to choose joy and love instead. 

When it comes down to it our lives with their ups and downs and pains and joys are what we make of them. May we all make them glorious .

~ Joe Mazzella ~

No comments:

Post a Comment