Friday, June 20, 2014

May I Turn to Thee, Oh Lord

 
 
When the fire of fury consumes me
And to contain it I struggle in vain,
May I have the glimpse of Thy smile
That can quell the raging conflagration.

When dread stares me in the face
And I am at my wit's end,
May They raised palm flash for a while
Beckoning me to be undaunted and stand.

When lust grips my mind unawares
And shrouds my vision with its uncanny spell,
May Thy motherly form rise in my mind
Turning me into a grass before the gale.

When selfishness turns me greedy and indifferent
And I pass by the distressed like a robot
May They compassionate eyes flash forthwith
Making me ashamed of my stony heart.

When the blows of life ruthlessly pound
Making me awfully weary and sullen,
Father!  May Thy lotus feet be in sight
To peacefully rest my dropping head on them.

~ Dibakar Sahu ~
(Sanathana Sarathi - July 1990)

No comments:

Post a Comment