Monday, September 15, 2014

Baba's Storytime - Transcend Duality



 
Extracted from Bhagavan's Divine Discourse on 20th October 2004)

"On 20th October 1940, I made a declaration revealing My true identity for the first time:

Know that I am Sai in reality,
Cast off your worldly relationships,
Give up your efforts to restrain Me,
The worldly attachments can no longer bind Me,
None, however great he may be, can hold Me."

(Telugu Poem)

Since I made this declaration on the 20th of October, people celebrate this day in a big way.  We should not give too much importance to dates and try to celebrate them as Birthday, Avatar Declaration Day, etc.

Here is a small story.

Once Rukmini, the consort of Lord Krishna, invited Him to her palace saying, "Swami!  Today is my birthday.  Please come for dinner."

Sathyabhama, another consort of Krishna who was present on that occasion, became angry.  She argued with Rukmini, "If today is your Puttina Roju (birthday), this is also my Mettina Roju (the day on which I entered the in-laws' house).  Therefore, He should visit only my house on this day."

Lord Krishna was beyond birthdays and marriage days.  However, He was prepared to visit both the houses.  He did not differentiate between them. 

Thus, one has to recognise the principle of unity by transcending all dualities."


(Source: Sanathana Sarathi - Sept. 2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment