Monday, April 6, 2015

To Swami



Blessed are those denizens of the Chitravathi Valley
Who breathe the same air as You,
Blessed are those breezes which fan Your cheek
And lift tiny tendrils of Your hair.
Blessed are those Chitravathi sands
Which bear many an imprint of Your Lotus Feet.

But what of those seven seas, Swami,
Which distance me from you?
I know, dear Swami, that You are in every leaf and flower,
In every nook and corner,
Yet my eyes long for Your Darshan,
For a glimpse of that beauteous form,
Long for a loving glance,
Long for Your palm upturned in benediction.

And if there be another birth, Swami,
Not for me, this bundle of flesh and bones,
All I ask is to be a speck of dust
In that path which You tread the most.


~ Ritu Raju ~
(Sanathana Sarathi - Oct. 2001)

No comments:

Post a Comment