Friday, August 14, 2015

God is Your True Friend



"Don’t be deluded by the pictures that appear on the screen. Have the picture of God imprinted on your heart. Develop strong conviction and consider Him as your sole refuge. Only then can you have the vision of God. 

This morning, a Russian lady came to Me. During the course of conversation, she said, “Swami, I have a friend.” 

When I asked who he was, she took out her wallet and showed a small photograph. I told her, “Mother, he is your husband, not your friend. Do not consider your husband as your friend or your friend as your husband.” 

She said, “Swami, this is what I have been doing all these years. Is it a mistake?”

I said, “Yes, it is a mistake, it certainly IS a mistake.” Then I asked her when she met him first. She said that she knew him for the last three years. 

I told her, “This type of relationship is temporary. God alone is your true friend. You may forget Him, but He will never forget you. He will be with you even after your death. Hence, treat God as your true friend. Ultimately, you will become one with Him.” 

~ Sri Sathya Sai Baba ~
(Divine Discourse - 17.10.2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment