Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Our Nearest Kinsman



There was a person who worshipped Baba at home reciting the 108 Names, and on Thursdays the 1008 Names; at the end of the rite, he fell flat on the ground in front of the picture, imagining that he was clasping with both hands the Lotus Feet of Baba standing before him. There was a gap between his palms, where he imagined the Feet to be!  Tears would well up in his eyes while he enjoyed the thrill of that fancy.

Later when he came to Prasanthi Nilayam, Baba granted him a private interview.  "Just look at My Feet as I stand before you!  Take note of this width of space.  I require to place both feet comfortably on the ground.  Your palms do not open wide enough; so I have to keep my feet cramped between them every time you want me.  Keep them a bit wider!"

There is no prayer that He does not hear, no sign that is not recorded in His heart, no tear that He dismisses as unworthy of attention.  He is the nearest kinsman, the closest friend, the wisest guide, the fondest mother, the very breath of our being.

(From the book "Sathyam Shivam Sundaram - Pt.III")

No comments:

Post a Comment