Monday, February 13, 2017

When God Knocks The Door



 In solitude, in the woods of deep silence,
In hope, in regret, in repentance.

I renounce this mundane world, short and trivial,
Eagerly waiting for Bhagawan's arrival.

A penance that demanded several years,
Of my sincere prayers and yearning tears.

I have spread the carpet of love, at every route,
With flowers, fruits and enchanting melodies on flute.

I humbly placed my offerings at His altar,
Where my destiny needs to alter.

Lo, when Bhagawan stepped on my carpet,
His rain of love had drenched the hamlet.

I was overwhelmed, beyond measure,
Seeing the Lord a step ahead, my absolute pleasure.

Could I ask anything more,
When God Himself  knocked the door.

Happiness bloomed in the luminous skies,
And joyful tears blurred my eyes.

Then I could not see His effulgent face,
Yet I gulped, His love and grace.

I was One with Him for that moment,
Forgetting all my anguish and torment.

This was all beyond my senses,
Speechless in His holy presence.

Dear Swami, do visit our place again,
And transport us to Your heavenly domain.

~ Raja Sekhar Ganta ~
(From his book "108 Heart Beats").

No comments:

Post a Comment