Friday, October 23, 2020

Swami In My Little Heart

 


During sad times, come what may,

With many obstacles standing in my way,

Even as untold sorrows tear me apart,

Swami is the comfort in my little heart.


I stand on this firm conviction,

With belief in our Baba's benediction,

Because one fine day, as I sat in Darshan line,

I saw His blissful form so Divine.


Swami looked straight into my eyes,

Lo, happiness has filled the luminous skies,

Suddenly, Swami asked, "Why do you touch My feet,

When I am already in your heart", and I missed a beat.


Later I gave much thought to it,

Realising why we offer our hearts as the only gift,

For even Draupadi, in her toughest times,

Called out to the Lord in various rhymes.


Finally she prayed, "O! Gopala in my heart,

Come and bless with new life to start."

Lo, then Krishna manifested in full glory,

To save her from becoming unholy.


Our SAI says See Always Inside,

Since God is within, not outside,

Though Swami transcends time and space,

Yet within our little hearts, He always stays.


~ Raja Sekhar Ganta ~

(From his book "108 Heart Beats")


No comments:

Post a Comment