Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Swami Says "Give Me Something Which I Don't Have"

 


Everything is that which You foster and nurture,

So Beloved Swami what else can I give?

You are aware of past, present and future,

so You know about every moment I live.


Is there anything which I can present,

At Your Divine Lotus Feet,

Which is sweet, smooth and pleasant,

Like a lump of tempting sweet?


In all His compassion, Swami said,

"Give Me something, which I never hold,

And that, which I never had,

Then, I shall surely take you into My fold."


Perplexed with my limited brain,

I successfully failed to solve this riddle,

With a keen interest of spiritual gain,

I prayed to Bhagawan for solving the riddle.


Finally, Swami had to break the ice,

He said, "Offer Me, all your bad qualities,

And in your mind, these vices shall never rise,

Since, surrendering negative impulses, translates into positive influxes."


So now the puzzle is solved and Bhagawan is ever glad,

To redeem us from our pitiful state of condition,

By absorbing our bad deeds which the Divine never held or had,

By transforming us into good beings in any situation.


~ Raja Sekhar Ganta ~

(From his book "108 Heart Beats")



No comments:

Post a Comment