Sunday, February 28, 2021

The Best Reward for Seva

 

Always remember the name and do your sadhana.  Swami has declared that He will be happy when other people in general are happy by your services.  As such we should try to make other people happy by our devoted seva and then Swami is happy.  The Divine Grace flows unto you automatically.

I wish to recall a petty event to illustrate how we can bring happiness to a fellow citizen.  Some years ago, I was trying to cross Mount Road in Madras, just opposite "The Hindu" newspaper office to reach the Government Estate.

At this point, the road takes a steep rise approaching a bridge.  I noticed an old cart man who was pulling a hand cart.  HIs legs were slipping, unable to move the cart due to heavy load and gradient.  Impulsively, I moved over and started pushing the cart from behind.  The cart man felt the relief in pulling the load over the gradient road.  He was surprised and looked back.  His eyes were sparkling  with gratitude.

After helping him out to reach the steep road, I walked off.  He stopped and was looking back to spot me, apparently to thank me.  I did not give him that chance.  I saw the smile on his face and I believed that was the best reward.

~ Mumbai Srinivasan


No comments:

Post a Comment