Sunday, July 17, 2022

Food for Thought



I had the great blessing of spending about 10 days in Swami’s presence in India in late February this year. Although I never had an interview, His answers came to me. Persistence and patience help.  
I have been asking Swami in prayer how best to bring God into my office, other than by setting the best example I am capable of. I am the President of a manufacturing firm that designs and produces dresses for little girls. The office is in New York City, and the factories are in the state of Pennsylvania.

I received a clear inner answer from Swami during morning prayers. The answer was so simple and so perfect. “Follow the example that can be seen at Puttaparthi and Whitefield. Put up a large blackboard with written thoughts on it.”

I put up the blackboard several weeks ago with the title, ‘Food for Thought.’ I change the passage weekly. I have put up such blackboards in five of our Pennsylvanian factories carrying the same thoughts at the same time. In New York there is a Spanish translation for those who do not read English.

I feel that this is the beginning of helpful service.

~Hal Honig
(Sanathana Sarathi, June 1983 Posted in "Sai Sarathi")


No comments:

Post a Comment