Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Sweet Reminder


Living in a world full of jealousy, turmoil and hate
I smile because I know that Swami's standing by my side.
When people die, deceive or try to hurt me
I sometimes stand agape but,
I smile, because I know that Swami's standing by my side.

When obstacles come like torrents of rain,
When there seem to be no solutions,
No cures for my pain,
I smile, because I know that Swami's standing by my side.

But when I am surrounded by negativity twenty four hours each day
Arguments, cursing, people who have gone astray
And entangled in worldly issues which I'm forced to abide,
Then it becomes difficult to concentrate or even to smile,
and I forget that Swami's standing by my side.

So there I was at my lowest and ready to give in
When suddenly!  My mind had gone blank!
I was unable to think,
Forgetting where I was and who I am.
A melodious tune began playing in my heart,
"Don't quit!  Remember, Swami's standing by your side,
I am with you all of the way."

With those words I wept in shame
For I forgot the power of the Bhagawan
Due to things that were mundane.

But sure enough with those sweet words
I was energised!
My faith in Swami was restored and retained,
So gritting my teeth
I raised my head and started again.

Now I am ready to climb any mountain
To jump any hurdle that should stand in my way
Of obtaining Moksha,
For that alone I pray
and I smile, because I know that Swami's standing by my side.


~ Anuradha Boodram ~

No comments:

Post a Comment