Sunday, October 10, 2021

When God is the Driver


 

His Highness, Sri Gopala Krishna Yachendra of Venkatagiri Royal family shared this:

“We used to come to Puttaparthi by car always. One incident is still fresh in my mind.. 

Once in Puttaparthi I asked Swami, "Swami why don’t you teach me to drive. I would also like to see you drive". Swami said, "Let us go". He got into the driver seat and drove off from the old Mandir at the outskirts of Puttaparthi to the new Mandir - a distance of 300 yards. The new Mandir was still under construction. I sat next to him terrified at this unexpected turn of events. The last stretch was quite uphill. 

Then Swami suddenly took his hands off the wheel and sat cross-legged and I almost fainted out of shock. The car went so fast. The gears changed on their own and it finally stopped without Swami touching the pedals. Swami smiled at me, after we got out of the now stationary car. I never asked him to drive again although I was thrilled to accompany him on that short and eventful journey.”


(By courtesy of Bombay Srinivasan)


No comments:

Post a Comment